AZ REGLAZING, INC .
CARE AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS.
● Do not use this service for 12 hours after refinishing. When removing the masking
paper peel it off slowly in an upward and outward direction. Use particular care
around the drain.
● Do not lay soap, bottles or any objects on the new reglazed surface of the tub/sink.
For example, rust from the shaving foam can may leave unremovable spots and
damage the finish.
● Be sure that your faucets are dry every evening, and closed tightly. All leaking
faucets must be fixed to prevent the damage from constantly dripping water, which
may cause the finish to chip or wear out prematurely.
● If you have a leak, take care of it immediately. Make sure there’s no standing water
in the tub after the water is turned off and has drained. The tub should be
completely dry for at least couple of hours after each use. Clean finish regularly
during the curing period with soap and sponge, this is called surface conditioning to
remove any dust that might have settled. The curing period is about 3-4 weeks and
the bottom of the tub can feel a little rough during this time. You can use your tub
safely without any concerns. In older tubs, you may encounter gauges or surface
imperfections known as pinholes. Although little can be done for those, it will cause
no harm to the tub.
● Do not use any abrasive cleaners, that will scratch the surface, clean after each use
with only soft, non chemical liquid detergents such as Scrubbing Bubbles, Fantastik,
409, Lysol Tub and Tile cleaner without bleach, ammonia or any other harsh
chemicals. Any soft sponge that says NON-SCRATCH on it may also be used. It is
extremely important to clean the surface after each use, as this will prevent soap
● Do not drop sharp object on the finish, this may cause the damage. Painted surface
should not be deformed during usage.
● Destruction of the surface may occur if you use any acid bearing compounds such as
drain declogging liquids or tile grout cleaners. All chemical cosmetics, bleach, hair
dye, perfumes, etc. must be kept away from the finish, it may stain or mar the finish.
● Do not use a rubber mat especially with suction cups. Most mats will produce a
reaction with the painted surface when it’s subjected to hot water. If you have to use
something while using the bathtub for non slipping purpose, you can use a cloth or a
soft mat without suction cups and it has to be removed after each used.
● Caulk line between the tub and tile must be properly sealed at all times. It is
customer’s responsibility to re-caulk the tub unless previously agreed upon and
written down on the work order prior to starting job. All the caulk must be applied
before first use of the bathtub (photo of caulking must be submit to our email
within 3 days in order to insure our work from improper maintenance). Please
maintain the amount of caulking at all times, if you notice that some piece is missing
or it looks damaged, replace the caulking as soon as possible to prevent the leakage
through that area. When removing the old silicone do not use any sharp tools and
power equipment on refinished surface.
● The area around the drain must be properly sealed. Rusty or recessed areas
particularly around drain are NOT guaranteed. Soap dishes, towel bars and
toothbrush holders are NOT guaranteed. Restored surfaces with holes, chips, dents,
bits are NOT guaranteed. Also NOT guaranteed: floor tiles, grout lining in between
tiles, and man made damages.
● All of the construction work around bathtub must be shut during reglazing and
within period of drying, since excessive amount of airborne particles would
damage fine gloss of the newly painted surface. Make sure that any maintenance or
handyman do not drain any chemicals or compounds into the bathtub.
● All construction work has to be finished prior to reglazing, If for some reason there’s
still something that has to be done in the bathroom after the reglazing is done,
please make sure the reglazed item are properly covered without use of tape or any
other glueable material and there’s nothing that could possible be dropped onto the
reglazed surface. If any workers have to stand inside the tub make them take off
their shoes and lay a soft towel on the bottom of the tub.
● The used paint and its components, does not contain any fire retardant ingredients,
therefore is not fireproof. In commercial and residential places please pay extra
attention to usage of tobacco and any other burning objects near the reglazed
Remember, if you treat your new surface with respect, clean it regularly and follow all of
the instructions above, your items will stay shiny, bright and will beautifully serve you for
many years. Refinishing work is guaranteed for 5 years against bubbling, fading, or
peeling. This warranty does not apply to chipping, to customer neglect, and to all repairs,
that has been done by previous refinishing contractors. Such repairs will be the
responsibility of the customer.